How we operate - our constitution
The constitution sets out our responsibilities for commissioning care for our patients.
- Our governing principles.
- The rules and procedures that we will establish to ensure probity and accountability in the day to day running of the clinical commissioning group.
This is to ensure that decisions are taken in an open and transparent way and that the interests of patients and the public remain central to the goals of the group.
- Our legal position
- Values and aims
- Membership and the decisions reserved to the membership
- How the membership relates to the group’s governing body
- Our leaders, their roles and how they are selected and are expected to behave
- The powers of the governing body, committees and individuals
- Our meeting arrangements
- Our prime governance and financial policies
The constitution applies to all of the member practices, our employees, individuals working on our behalf and to anyone who is a member of our governing body (including the governing body’s integrated governance, audit and remuneration committees) and any other committee(s) established by the group or our governing body.
Every member practice, employee or other person working on behalf of the group, or member of the governing body or any committees is responsible for knowing, complying with and for upholding the arrangements for the governance and operation of the group as described in this constitution.