Health and care in Sutton
Health and care organisations in Sutton are working more closely together to make services better connected and more joined up through a programme called Sutton Health and Care.
The NHS, Council, voluntary sector and Healthwatch have come together to look at what’s important for health and care in Sutton, what the challenges are and how if different organisations work more closely together we can make a difference.
Our aspiration for the people of Sutton is that they start well, live well and age well. The priority areas for improvement which the programme has identified are:
- improve young people’s mental health
- improve the support provided to parents of children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- develop the universal offer to make sure all children are ready for school regardless of their socioeconomic status
- improve the specialist care support provided for adults with learning disabilities
- improve how we encourage adults to make healthy lifestyle choices
- improve the support for people with both a long term physical and mental health condition
- improve how we combat loneliness and social isolation among older people
- improve how we support older people to stay out of hospital