The Sutton Homes of Care Vanguard Programme builds on work that Sutton CCG had already undertaken with local care homes for a few years prior to being awarded Vanguard status.
The Heart of The Story.pdf
- strengthened our commitment to working in partnership with other providers and commissioners across south west London to improve integration;
- established good working relationships with care home managers and a Care Home Forum to enable care home staff to meet regularly and support each other to push up standards and receive training;
- piloted a model designed to deliver preventative and proactive healthcare to nursing home residents;
- introduced a Hospital Transfer Pathway to support the admission/discharge process of residents to hospital, reduce length of stay and improve sharing of relevant health and social information of residents';
- launched a number of education resources and training tools to support staff in care homes in delivering improved care;
- set up a Joint Intelligence Group that brings together a range of local and national organisations to ensure we understand more about the quality of care being delivered in Sutton care homes;
- introduced a quality dashboard displaying a number of quality measures for each care home to be used by the Joint Intelligence Group to review trends and highlight concerns and training requirements.