South West London Health and Care Partnership Patient and Public Engagement Steering Group (PPESG)
We work with other organisations across south west London to ensure that patient and public involvement is embedded into our collaborative work as part of the South West London Health and Care Partnership. We recognise that effective engagement across the Partnership will need to be joined up, using a coordinated approach to build on individual partners’ activities, maximising opportunities for collaboration and avoiding duplication.
Our Patient and Public Engagement Steering Group comprises Healthwatch and voluntary and community sector umbrella organisations from each borough, along with our CCG lay members and our communications and engagement team. PPESG’s work adds value to the Partnership and to the work of individual partner organisations, providing a forum where people who have key patient representative or lay roles can exchange ideas on what constitutes excellence in communications and engagement practice, with reference to real examples from the Partnership’s work. Its role is advisory, to complement rather than to duplicate the challenge and scrutiny functions of local Healthwatch and Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
- Oversee public and patient engagement and communications within the SWL Health & Care Partnership programme, acting as a key strategic adviser to the Programme Board and the communications and engagement team
- Support effective, consistent, diverse and coordinated public and patient engagement and communications in the SWL Health & Care Partnership, by commenting and advising on plans and on the quality and effectiveness of the Partnership’s work to involve and communicate with local people, in relation to relevant duties, guidance and best practice
- Have oversight of communications activity across Partnership members to ensure joined up/integrated messages and delivery
- Provide two-way communication between the programme and key community/public stakeholders, ensuring all parties are kept up-to-date with key information and developments
Provide a representative sit on the SW London Health and Care Partnership Programme Board
PPESG meetings take place every two months, where members:
- Receive and discuss presentations and reports on planned patient and public engagement and communications activity that relates to the work of the Partnership as a whole (e.g. in programme work streams and design groups, targeted engagement, grassroots programme)
- Receive and discuss presentations and reports on progress with ongoing patient and public engagement and communications activity that relates to the work of the Partnership as a whole
- Receive and discuss presentations and reports on completed patient and public engagement and communications activity including evaluations
- Provide an annual statement on its work and other updates as required to the Programme Board