Pharmacy opening times over Christmas and New Year
Your local pharmacy can offer health advice and medicines for a wide range of common health problems.
Many pharmacies are open over the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- For minor injuries and illnesses, you can look after yourself with a well-stocked medicine cabinet and first aid materials. Ask your local pharmacist for advice.
- If you are feeling under the weather and you are not getting better, get early advice. Minor illnesses can get worse quickly – especially if you are over 60. Visit your local pharmacist for quick and easy access to health advice and recommended treatments for minor illnesses. If they are concerned about your condition, they will advise you to see your GP.
- Your local pharmacist may also be able to advise on appropriate medicines for selected minor ailments, self-limiting conditions and emergency contraception that are available without a GP prescription.
- Please order and collect your repeat prescriptions in good time to avoid running out of medicine over Christmas.
- If you run out of medicine and your GP practice is closed, you can speak to a local pharmacist. They may be able to provide an emergency supply of a small quantity of your usual prescription medicine. Please note that this is at the pharmacist's discretion and some exclusions and charges may apply.
Pharmacy opening times in Sutton over Christmas and New Year: